Monday, August 18, 2014

Fabric-Covered End of Summer Wreath



summer wreath
I am the kind of girl who always has a wreath hanging on her front door. Well, I've been a big time slacker (what's new?) and had left the front door bare for a few weeks after taking down my red, white and blue wreath for 4th of July. As it is already mid-August, I realize how silly it was to make a summery wreath, but the truth is, I am just not ready to admit Fall is on it's way. 

I love the navy, yellow, and pink fabric leftover from my bench makeover, so I knew those bright colors would be perfect for this summer wreath. 
summer wreath

summer wreath

summer wreath

Proof that things don't always turn out the way they are suppose to: 
I purchased some navy blue ribbon to hang this wreath, but once I went to put it on the wreath, I realized how different the two navy blues were. No problem, I had some burlap downstairs that would work just fine. After hot gluing it on and taking some pictures, I decided that also was not the look I was going for. How about that gray chevron ribbon I used for the bow? Sure, except then it looked too matchy-matchy. 
I left it, telling myself that it would grow on me, and it lasted one day before I was driving to Hobby Lobby for 50% off their ribbon. An hour and a half and 8 spools of ribbon later, I came home with yellow chevron ribbon you see pictured above. Instantly, I felt much more proud of my wreath. 


 The struggle is real, folks!

I am kind of in love with how it turned out. I could "ooh" and "ahh" over it all day, but who's got time for that?

Anyone else love to decorate their front door? 
Do you ever have trouble deciding on small details with your projects?



This post was featured at:

Epic Mommy Adventures  Delineate Your Dwelling

9 comments:

  1. Your wreath is so cute! I made a coffee filter wreath for our wedding and it is currently on our front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER CUTE WREATH!!!!! I love it!
    -Chelsea
    www.weddingbellsandpuppydogtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is seriously cute!! I think I know what I'll be doing for my next craft... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! And I love how you're keepin' it real with showing what you originally planned and then how you came up with the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way this turned out!! Super cute and perfect for end of summer. I admit, I still have my red, white, and blue wreath hanging on my front door. I don't have a summer/end of summer wreath to hang and I'm not ready to hang any fall decorations yet. Guess I better get on it and make a new wreath this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Melanie! I love all the bright fun colors! I will be featuring it at Turn It Up Tuesday! Where did you get your fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a fun wreath! I love the colors. Thanks so much for sharing at our Link it or Lump it party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this turned out and am so glad you shared at our link party. I featured YOU this morning, be sure to stop by and grab a feature button!

    http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2014/08/link-it-or-lump-it-party-52-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wreath is really pretty! The fabrics look great together. I pinned it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...