Thursday, October 23, 2014

Q&A with Genuinely Lauren


Today I have this pleasure of introducing you to Lauren, the blogger behind Genuinely Lauren! She has an adorable blog where she shares her craft projects, some delicious recipes, and the books she's been reading this year! Today, she's dishing on how she started blogging, the blogs she loves to read, and how she would spend an extra hour each day! 

In a nutshell, what is your blog Genuinely Lauren about?
If you're new to my neck of the woods, you can find around here my DIY crafting skills to make our new apartment look pretty, my attempts at making homemade meals, and our adventures as newlyweds in Florida. 

Why did you start blogging and what inspires you to keep at it?
Originally I started my junior year of college. And then I only posted so often then I didn't feel like I was really into it and ended up listening to everyone's judgments. Then I started back up again, with a new name, when I moved to Florida to be with my husband. And honestly what keeps me going at it is that I've enjoyed writing so much and I like having a space that is my own. Plus being far away from home helps with it too. 

Describe yourself in three words.
Friendly, creative, and honest.

List your five favorite blogs to read.
College Prepster
She was the first blog I ever started reading, even when I wasn't blogging yet and I still love her!
Venus Trapped In Mars
Life with Lolo
I just guest blogged over there recently! Check it out here.
Helene In Between
Eat Drink and Be Mary

List links to your three favorite blog posts that you have written and tell us why they are your favorite.
Surprise I'm Engaged!: When I told everyone my engagement story :) Still my favorite story to tell to this date, next to how we met
Alabama Slammer: When we went to our first Alabama home game! It was just a great memory for us.
DIY Alabama Burlap Wreath: My first attempt at making a burlap wreath! I was super excited to make it and then help out others who had the same questions I did that Pinterest failed to answer.

If you could pick any career, with money being no object, what would your dream career be?
My absolute dream is to work in public relations for an MLB team. More specifically for the Chicago Cubs :)

If you had an extra hour of free time everyday without any distractions, how would you spend it?
Oh my, ha. I would probably push myself more to get started on my half marathon training. It's not until April but I don't want to be falling too far behind on it!



Find Lauren here:


I hope you'll take the time to swing by Lauren's blog and check out some of the posts she mentioned above! I think you'll really like them, especially her burlap wreath!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...